Papaya sweetened with dates makes a great base for this mousse. It's full of nutritious ingredients, like chia seeds and cashew nuts that help sustain your energy. Grate some chocolate over the top for an added treat.
- 1 ripe papaya
- 10 cashew nuts or any nuts of your choice
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 4 fresh dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dark chocolate for grating over the top (a high percentage is better, I recommend 85%)
Here’s how you make it
- Soak the nuts in hot water for an hour and drain them.
- Peel the papaya and remove the seeds. Slice it into pieces.
- Put the papaya, soaked cashew nuts, chia seeds, dates and cinnamon into the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the mousse into 2 glasses and refrigerate until chilled.
- Grate some dark chocolate over the top.