This rice pudding recipe is perfect for if you have some rice left over from another meal. Of course you can make the rice specifically for this too. The cinnamon is lovely and warming, and you can decorate the dish with coconut flakes or mango slices for a tropical twist.
- 150 g pre-cooked rice
- 200 ml Coconut Milk (½ can)
- 2 handfuls raisins
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- coconut flakes to sprinkle on top
- mango slices to decorate (optional)
Here’s how you make it
- Place the rice in a saucepan with the coconut milk. Bring it to the boil, stirring gently.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking. While you are doing this you can stir in the raisins and cinnamon.
- When the coconut milk is fully absorbed, set it aside to cool.
- When the rice pudding has cooled, place it in the bowl you will serve it in, and sprinkle with coconut flakes or decorate with mango slices.