I started to drink bulletproof coffee when I learnt that our brain thrives on good fats – Medium Chain Triglcerides (MCTs) that can be found in coconut oil for example. They are digested easily and sent directly to your liver, where they have a thermogenic effect and the ability to positively alter your metabolism. MCTs are burned by the body for energy, instead of being stored as fat. This coffee literally feeds your brain without being heavy for your digestive system and helps me to practice intermediate fasting from dinner until lunch to clear out the digestive system and thrive with energy.
- 1 cup of freshly brewed organic coffee
- 1 spoon of MCT oil
- 1 spoon of Ghee or grassfed butter
- 1 little spoon of cinnamon
Here’s how you make it
- Brew some organic coffee.
- Mix all ingredients with a blender for at least one minute.