It's said to be important to eat as many different coloured vegetables as possible, and this salad recipe is definitely a good way to start doing that. It's very quick and easy, and you can give it a different flavour by making the dressing either with olive oil or sesame oil.
- ½ zucchini
- 1 carrot
- ½ red pepper
- 1 green onion
- 100 g red cabbage
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp mixed nuts, or nuts of your choice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Here’s how you make it
- Cut and slice the zucchini and carrot into small strips.
- De-seed the red pepper and cut into small rings.
- Slice the spring onion and the red cabbage into small pieces and place all of the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Toss everything to mix.
- Whisk the lemon juice, oil, crushed garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle the nuts and sesame seeds over the top.