Warm Beetroot and Sweet Potato Salad
This is a dish I invented on a whim when I was going through a beetroot-addicted phase. I originally added fresh mint from my balcony garden. This is an excellent accompaniment for a fillet of fish, mainly due to the zest of the lemon and the beautiful deep red of the beets can help make a meal pop.
- one handful fresh mint
- 3 medium beetroots
- 10 small new potatoes
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 handful fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- 1 whole lemon
Here’s how you make it
- Boil the beetroot until soft (usually 30 mins), allow to cool a little and dice.
- Dice the potatoes and sweet potatoes and flash boil in the water for 1 min. This allows them to bake faster in the oven and soak up additional seasoning such as olive oil and any spices and so on.
- Place all of the potatoes in a tray with fresh rosemary and olive oil. Season to your own taste.
- Roast the potatoes at around 240C for 30 – 40 mins, stir them once in a while to allow them to brown equally.
- Once roasted, add the diced beetroot to them and squeeze half or a whole lemon over the mixture, depending on how tangy you like it.
- Toss the salad together with the mint to fuse the ingredients together.
- Serve and share!