This is a super food salad, so healthy and beautifully red. This is great to add to a dinner or just have on its own. As you can probably tell, I add lemon juice to pretty much everything. It's a fantastic way to season pretty much anything, especially fresh food – it instantly livens up any dish.
- ½ head of red cabbage, sliced as thinly as possible
- 2 medium sized beetroots, diced
- olive oil
- ½ lemon
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 200 g feta cheese (optional if dairy free or vegan)
- 50 g walnuts
Here’s how you make it
- Combine the diced beetroot and sliced cabbage.
- Add the olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice over it.
- Season to taste, add the walnuts and if you’re using feta, crumble it over the top.