Tangy Pumpkin Hummus
This is a great way of fusing hummus with other ingredients. The pumpkin gives off a distinct bright orange colour, unique in flavour.
- 1 medium pumpkin (you may only need half)
- 1 400g can of chickpeas (or pre soak and boil them if you don’t want them canned)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 whole lemon
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- a drizzle of olive oil
Here’s how you make it
- Steam the pumpkin until soft and add to a mixing bowl with roughly chopped garlic, a drizzle of olive oil and one can of chickpeas.
- Purée the mixture until creamy and soft.
- Squeeze the lemon into it and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a plate of crudités or try it with Alastair’s Gluten Free Focaccia Recipe or Quick and Easy Sourdough Rolls.