Sweet Potatoes, Kale and Chives
This dish is great for replacing a heavily-loaded plate full of empty carbs. Sweet Potatoes are a great source of vitamins A and C. If you can get hold of purple potatoes, these work really well too, and they're crammed with antioxidants such as anthocyanin. When I cook, I always add the olive oil at the end for flavour to avoid cooking it.
- 12–15 sweet or purple potatoes
- 1 packet baby kale
- 1 bunch chives
- ½ lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- a lot of olive oil (to make it soft)
Here’s how you make it
- Boil the potatoes until they are cooked.
- Wash the baby kale and then sauté it in water, pepper and lemon until it softens.
- Chop the chives and add to the sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes with all the other ingredients and then add the kale.
- Serve and enjoy.