French Lentils with a Tonne of Herbs
This is a great way to eat semi-sprouted legumes with all the benefits of eating raw. All the herbs are mixed in without being heated or cooked and the olive oil is added at the end.
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1 bag of Puy lentils
- ½ bunch fresh coriander leaves
- ½ bunch fresh dill
- 1 whole green onion
- 1 whole red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 bag cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil to taste
- 1 bunch fresh thyme (optional)
Here’s how you make it
- Soak the lentils until they begin to sprout (around 8 hours).
- Boil them for 15–20 minutes, or 25 if they are still hard and then drain.
- Chop all the other ingredients.
- Let the red onion marinate in the apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in the oven on a low heat briefly to dehydrate them a bit.
- Mix all the ingredients and allow it to cool down.
- Serve and enjoy!