Chia seeds soak up ten times their own weight in water, so they're great for keeping hydrated and giving you energy. This chia pudding has a layer of strawberry purée on top, but you could use any fruit you like for this.
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- approx. 125 ml water
- approx 125 ml coconut milk
For the fruit topping
- 5 dates
- 1 tbsp chia pudding
- ½ banana
- 200 ml strawberries
- raw cacao nibs for decoration
Here’s how you make it
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl and add a little water and coconut milk in equal amounts.
- Whisk with a fork and add a bit more water and coconut milk. Whisk again and leave for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the pudding again and see what the consistency is like. It should be fairly runny, as chia seeds soak up a lot of liquid. Whisk and leave to stand in the fridge or somewhere cool for three hours or over night.
- Check the consistency, and add water and coconut milk until it is to your liking.
- Take one tbsp of the pudding and place it in the blender with 5 dates (preferablly soaked beforehand), the half banana and the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the chia pudding into four bowls or whatver you want to serve it in and then layer the fruit mixture on top.
- Sprinkle raw cacao nibs over the top, serve and enjoy!