Eating zucchini as raw tagliatelle can be so much nicer than eating it fried or cooked in some way. It's fresh and light and full of goodness. For the pesto we make a lot and then use it for various things.
- 2 handfuls of Lettuce or salad leaves
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 Spring Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
- 1 whole Zucchini
- 4 tbsp Sundried tomato pesto (always read the ingredients, or try making your own: sundried tomatoes, olive oil, sesame seeds, garlic, sunflower seeds)
- 1 red pepper
- a few leaves fresh coriander
- 1/2 Avocado, to decorate
- black pepper
Here’s how you make it
- Prepare the zucchini tagliatelle. You can use a spiraliser for this or special peelers will peel it into long thin strips. Alternatively, you can peel it in layers and then use a knife to slice each layer into thin noodles.
- Mix the zucchini with the pesto.
- Divide the zucchini tagliatelle into two bowls.
- Divide all the other ingredients between the two bowls and use the avocado and coriander to decorate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.