This mashed cauliflower is really comforting, and perfect as a side for a Christmas dinner with family and friends. You could also serve it as a separate dish. It's easy to make and perfectly filling!
- 1 small cauliflower
- 4 small potatoes
- olive oil
- ½ cup millet
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and black pepper to season
Here’s how you make it
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Cut the cauliflower into florets and the potatoes in halves. Rub them in olive oil and roast for about half an hour until they’re soft.
- Rinse the millet and boil it in salted water over a low heat for around 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
- Put the millet, roasted cauliflower and potatoes into a bowl and add the sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, garlic and coriander.
- Blend with a stick blender until it is fairly smooth.
- Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top and garnish with a few parsley leaves or some fresh coriander if you have it.