Christmas dinner can be healthy with this Brazil Nut and Brussel Sprout Bake! It’s simple to make and with the balsamic vinegar and sprinkling of dates it’s nicely sweetened too. The sprouts, rich in vitamin C give you a great boost for maintaining your immunity in the colder months.
- 400g brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 12 cloves
- 7 dates
- 2 handfuls of brazil nuts or nuts of preference
Here’s how you make it
- Put coconut oil and balsamic vinegar in a baking dish and preheat in the oven at 180C for around 5 minutes.
- Wash and chop the sprouts in half. Also chop the dates in half.
- When the dish is hot, take it out the oven and add the sprouts, brazil nuts and dates.
- Mix everything thoroughly and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the middle of the shelf.
- Serve and enjoy with other festive foods.