This is one of my favourite salads, because it's simple to make, delicious and all the ingredients are widely available, wherever you are. You can experiment with adding different flavours, and also by varying the amounts.
- 50 g bulgur wheat
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 2 handfuls tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt to season
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- roasted pine nuts (optional)
Here’s how you make it
- Prepare the bulgur wheat according to the instructions on the packet and drain.
- Chop the fresh herbs and tomatoes roughly and add these to the bulgur wheat in a large bowl. Chop the spring onions more finely and add them to the bowl.
- Blend in the olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Check the salt and add a little more if necessary.
- Add in the pine nuts and pomegranate seeds if you are using them.
- Serve and enjoy!