Say yes to shedding old skin. Creating this salt scrub is easy and has an elaborate and luxurious texture. The skin is left so soft, clean and perfectly hydrated thanks to all of the oils. Use once or twice a week depending on the season. Gently rub on wet skin, all over your body, then rinse thoroughly. And as you don’t need a lot, it will last for a long time. No excuse, go play. Be fun.
- 4–5 tbsp pink himalayan salt
- 1½ tbsp of vegetable glycerin
- 1 tsp shea nut oil
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp manuka honey
- 3–4 drops of pink grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops of bitter green orange essential oil (or sweet orange if you prefer)
- 3–4 drops ofvanilla absolute (buy food grade)
- 3–4 drops of red mandarin essential oil
- you can purchase vitamin E (liquid form) if you like to and add 2 drops.
- 1 glass jar to store – recycle your jam jars for example
Buy everything organic if possible. You’ll find everything at your favorite organic store or online.
Here’s how you make it
- Enjoy the process and mix everything up in a bowl. I prefer doing it with my fingers as if it were modelling clay, until it becomes smooth and perfect.
- Scoop it in a glass container.
- Seal. No need to keep it in the fridge, unless you love the ultra fresh sensation of the texture contrasting with the warm water effect of your shower (or bath).
- You’ll love this. And remember, no need to purchase all ingredients, you can play with only a few essential oils of your choice.
Please refer to the “Dos and Don’ts” section on Caroline’s site before making her recipes.
If you are unsure as to whether a particular recipe or any of the suggested ingredients for any recipe are suitable for your skin, you should consult a medical practitioner with relevant medical qualifications before using the recipes or ingredients concerned. For more information please refer to our Terms and Conditions.