I made this fragrant oil spontaneously after a pretty intense flight, anticipating jetlag and thinking of the pile of work I had to do the next day. I am sure a lot of you know that feeling. So, I thought I’d create a mix that would uplift the mood, as well as bring comfort and warmth to the heart. As a carrier oil, I chose fractionated coconut oil, which is light, odourless and doesn’t clog the pores. So, get those oils ready and create your mix. You can use it anytime, on the heart chakra, throat and upper body, or even on the whole body if you feel like it.
- A 50 ml dark glass bottle with a dropper
- 30–40 ml of fractionated coconut oil
- 7 drops of rose essential oil – rosa centifolia – the fragrance of this rose variety is exquisite (there are countless rose varieties and you can also choose rosa damascena if you prefer it). Rose fragrance speaks directly to the heart chakra by bringing a feeling of relief and reassurance. It is said to uplift depressed states, ease the nervous system and lower feelings of stress. It also helps clearing negative emotions.
- 5 drops of neroli essential oil (orange blossom) – citrus aurantium – this scent has a warm, luminous honey-flavoured zest and is like a ray of sunshine. While relaxing and lowering stress levels, it uplifts the mood and provides relief from depressed, angry and irritated states.
- 4 drops of geranium rose – pelargonium roseum – it lifts the spirit, lowers anxiety and depressed states. It reduces stress and tones the nervous system. If you cannot find the geranium rose variety, you can go for pelargonium graveolens, which is more common.
- 2 drops of patchouli essential oil – pogostemon cablin – it helps ground the spirit and brings a sense of ease. It is also a powerful tissue re-generator and cools inflamed and cracked skin.
*Please be aware of any contraindications or known allergies to the above ingredients.
Here’s how you make it
- Mix all the essential oils and the coconut oil in your bottle and shake well.
- Gently rub on wet skin, all over your body, then rinse thoroughly. If you apply this once or twice a week your skin will be so soft, clean and perfectly hydrated thanks to the oils and butters.
- Use it especially when feeling a bit overwhelmed, uneasy or physically tired.
Please refer to the “Dos and Don’ts” section on Caroline’s site before making her recipes.
If you are unsure as to whether a particular recipe or any of the suggested ingredients for any recipe are suitable for your skin, you should consult a medical practitioner with relevant medical qualifications before using the recipes or ingredients concerned. For more information please refer to our Terms and Conditions.