Taking a bath is a great idea for releasing tension and stress and harmonising your body and mind, but if you don’t have a bathtub at home, then a footbath is a great alternative! A footbath helps with detox by enhancing the blood circulation for the whole body, balancing the nervous system, and helping to shift blocked energy, improving your overall well-being. Perfect for a good night's sleep!
- A large bowl with space for both of your feet.
- Hot water – please be careful to avoid burning your skin.
- Try using Ryoko’s Detox Blend Oil to detoxify the body.
Here’s how you make it
- Prepare the large bowl of hot water – it should be hot as this is essential for stimulating and improving the circulation, lymphatic and immune systems for the whole body. Please be careful to avoid burning your skin.
- Slowly place your feet into the bowl.
- Soak your feet for 5-7 minutes adding additional hot water into the bowl to keep the water hot.
- If you see that one foot is redder than the other, soak the foot that is less red for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove and dry your feet.
- Keep your feet warm by putting on a pair of socks.
- Drink a glass of water to help flush out toxins.
Tip: for a more powerful detoxification, follow the instructions for the footbath version of Ryoko’s Detox Blend Oil recipe using bath salts.