This hot towel treatment is good for releasing tired areas of your body and can be easily incorporated into your daily routine. It comforts and balances the nervous system, preparing the body and mind for peaceful sleep. During sleep, our bodies are supposed to correct, adjust, and remove the stress and tension that we experienced during the day. However, if part of our body is over-taxed, it cannot fully recover. Try this treatment to prevent an accumulation of these stresses.
- 1 towel
- Hot water
- 1 bowl
- For additional detoxification try the Detox Blend Oil recipe without the carrier oil.
Tip: You might think of using something like a heating pad instead of a hot towel. I recommend using a hot towel because of its humidity and because it cools down sooner.
Here’s how you make it
- Boil some water and fold the towel.
- Please be careful with the next step. Pour boiling water onto the folded towel that is placed in the bowl. If you are using the Detox Blend Oil recipe with sea salt, add this to the water before you pour it over the towel.
- Wait until the towel is cool enough to touch, though it should still be hot.
- Place the hot towel on the tired areas of your body such as, the back of the neck or sacrum etc. until it has cooled down.
- If you would like to repeat the treatment, wring any excess water from the towel and pour new hot water onto it.
- Take time to relax afterwards.
- Repeat daily.