I’ve always been told that starting your meal with a salad is a great way to support digestion. This crisp, hydrating dish is the perfect way to balance the body. Radishes support liver cleansing and give this dish a vital boost of vitamin C whilst their peppery taste offsets the nutty tahini dressing.
for the salad:
- 1 bowl salad leaves, we used rocket and battavia lettuce
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 handful celery leaves, chopped
- 1 cup spring peas, raw
- ½ whole cucumber, chopped
for the tahini dressing:
- 4 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 cup water
- a sprinkle of chili flakes – we used smoked chili flakes from Daphnis and Chloe
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how you make it
- Wash all of the salad leaves, vegetables and herbs and drain well.
- Quarter and chop up the salad ingredients and combine in a bowl.
- For the dressing, swish some lemon juice around a separate bowl to coat the sides. Then add a bit of tahini, olive oil and garlic to make a paste.
- Gradually add more of the tahini, olive oil and garlic to slowly combine. Use the lemon juice and water to taste and until you have the desired consistency.
- Mix the salad dressing in with the salad and combine well.
- Add salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste.