Pumpkin Chili Ginger Soup
The great thing about this seasonal soup is just how warming it is. It's perfect for a cold winter's day.
- 1 medium sized pumpkin, chopped and de-seeded
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 birds eye chilli
- ½ lemon
- 800 ml water
Here’s how you make it
- Roast the pumpkin seeds for sprinkling later by spreading them out on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, season with salt, olive oil (or whatever oil you prefer) and toast seeds in the oven under a grill at 100C.
- Heat the water. When the water is close to the boil add the chopped pumpkin with skin.
- Chop the ginger, garlic and chili, add to the saucepan and season as desired.
- Once the water with the ingredients comes to a boil, simmer with the lid on top for 10 mins until the pumpkin is soft.
- Purée the mixture and add the lemon juice and if it’s too thick add more water until creamy, then serve.