The Winter Wellness Bowl combines many of my favorite seasonal ingredients with a unique twist. I love fresh persimmons, mild endive, and grounding legumes. I try to eat leafy greens as much as possible and prefer them cooked when it is cold outside. A poached egg and drizzle of walnut oil provide protein and a healthy fat boost. Top with your favorite micro greens to make this a beautiful and nourishing meal.
- 2 heads endive small
- 1 whole persimmon
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 bunch swiss chard, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 can canellini beans, cooked
- 1 can micro greens
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 drizzle walnut oil
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
Here’s how you make it
- Thinly slice the endive and chop the apple. Set aside.
- Poach the eggs.
- While the eggs are poaching steam the chard until wilted.
- Take out two large bowls. Add half of the chard to each bowl along with half of the endive and apples.
- Next put half of the beans and micro greens in each bowl.
- Squeeze half the lemon on top of each bowl and drizzle with hazelnut oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve!