Pumpkin always feels so connected to the colder months, and this warming soup just captures that autumn feeling perfectly.
- 4 onions, chopped
- 1 whole hokkaido pumpkin with the skin left on, roughly chopped
- 1 cm root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 handful cashews
- 1 spoonful sour cream (optional or use a vegan alternative)
Here’s how you make it
- Warm up the oil in the pan, add the onions, ginger and sugar. Stir for approximately 5 mins.
- Add the pumpkin, cover with water and let it cook.
- When the pumpkin is soft, blend and serve with the cashews and sour cream or a vegan alternative.