Pineapple and Tomato Salsa
This salsa recipe is really quick and easy. It's delicious as a salsa or as a tangy ketchup sauce. You don't need to follow the amounts too closely, I usually just taste it as I go along.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 180g pineapple, fresh or tinned
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2½ tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how you make it
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until the chunks have broken up. If you want a chunky salsa, you only need to do this briefly. For a smoother sauce or ketchup, blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy it drizzled over salads, with Quinoa Burgers, or as a dipping sauce.