This recipe is great for breakfasts and brunches. You can use any kind of bread. The rich mix of nuts gives this dish an all new feeling of texture and taste, and it's fresh and full of energy.
for the spinach:
- 1 kg fresh spinach leaves
- 50 g butter
- 4 whole onions, diced
- 2 tbsp of white flour
- 500 ml sweet cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp nutmeg
- 50 g crushed pistachios
- 50 g almonds, crushed
- 50 g cashews, crushed
for the Hollandaise sauce:
- 25 ml apple sauce
- 10 ml white vinegar
- 1 small shallot onion, chopped
- 15 ml cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 120 g butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
for the eggs:
- 10 eggs
- 3 tbsp vinegar
Here’s how you make it
- Heat butter in a pan and add the four onions.
- After they turn brown, add the spinach and sweet cream.
- Once the spinach has shrunk in size, add the nuts, nutmeg, flour and salt and combine.
- For the hollandaise sauce, bring the apple sauce and vinegar with the shallot to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Once it is boiling, take it off the heat, add the water and two egg yolks and give it a stir.
- Then add the butter slowly while stirring and then the lemon juice and salt. You can add a tablespoon of flour if you prefer it to be a bit thicker.
- For the eggs, add the vinegar to boiling water.
- Slowly break the eggs into the pan two or three at a time.
- When the egg whites are firm, take them out carefully.
- Place the spinach nut mix on a slice of bread and then two eggs with the rich hollandaise sauce on top.