I make bread with whatever I have in the fridge and is about to go bad – it’s perfect and always tastes great. Feel free to replace the nuts and the herbs with anything you have at home. Also, I never measure any ingredients so this is a rough estimation!
- 400 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 30 g walnuts
- 20 g pumpkin seeds
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g flax seeds
- 80 g sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 handful of fresh, wild garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 ml hand-hot water
Here’s how you make it
- Mix the salt, the flour, yeast and the water together, cover it in a bowl and leave it in a warm place for around 20 mins to let the yeast work its magic.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the tomatoes and the wild garlic into small pieces.
- Add the tomatoes, the wild garlic, the nuts and the seeds to the dough and mix everything together.
- Place in a bread tin or form bread rolls on a baking tray (put baking paper underneath) and bake them for 30 mins until golden brown and slightly crispy.