My Golden Infusion is a staple in the cooler months. Fresh ginger is a warming herb that works wonders as a decongestant. It is a staple in my cold and flu season medicine cabinet because it tastes amazing and is so effective for prevention. Turmeric promotes healthy blood and liver function, maintains cholesterol levels, and can help to support your immune system in stressful times. The mint adds a nice flavor and helps sooth inflammation in the stomach. Fresh lemon juice adds antioxidants and gives it brightness.
- 4 cups water
- 3 inches fresh ginger, sliced into coins
- 3 inches fresh turmeric, sliced into coins
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ whole lemon, juiced
Here’s how you make it
- Bring water to a boil in the kettle.
- Put the ginger and turmeric in a large glass carafe.
- Pour boiling water over ginger and turmeric and let it stand for 10 mins.
- Add the mint and let it stand for another 5 mins.
- Serve in mugs and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to each mug – drink warm.
- Tea will keep 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.