By now we are all aware of the amazing anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits of turmeric. I like to drink fresh turmeric in tea with ginger, whole milk and coconut oil, cook with powdered turmeric as often as possible, and I try to work it into my skincare regime wherever I can. This facemask is super hydrating and the turmeric leaves your skin glowing and radiant! Avocado nourishes your skin with its vitamin E and fatty acids. The lactic acid in the Greek yoghurt exfoliates the skin without drying it. The turmeric reduces inflammation and redness, the vitamin C it contains can help build collagen and maintain skin tautness, and its antibacterial properties can help fight acne causing bacteria.
- 1 tsp plain, unsweetened, whole milk greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp avocado
- ¼ tsp organic turmeric powder – Turmeric can stain light fabric and surfaces. Be sure to wear an old t-shirt when mixing and applying, and pat your face dry with a towel that you are not worried about staining. Keep your hair out of your face and I would recommend not applying this mask before a night out on the town, as the turmeric can sometimes leave a hint of colour on your face. This will come off with your morning cleanse.
* Please be aware of any contraindications or known allergies to the above ingredients.
Here’s how you make it
- Use a fork to mash the avocado in a bowl until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the yoghurt and combine the two thoroughly.
- Mix in the turmeric to the avocado and yoghurt mixture.
- Gently wash your face and neck using your regular cleanser and warm water.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck and let sit for 5-10 mins.
- Remove the mask by rinsing your face with cool water. Pat dry with a towel that you are not worried about staining and apply your regular facial moisturiser.